No! Minnie is staying another night in hospital. They managed to complete the tests and found her blood pressure to be slightly elevated. The big problem is they have found bleeding into the eye, which they call Glaucoma. They now say that poor Minnie is in extreme pain with the eye. That's why they are keeping her tonight, because she is groggy from so much pain meds. I have to collect her at 9.30 a.m in the morning and take her home for the weekend, complete with pain meds to see how she gets on. Then they will have to decide whether to take the eye out or not. I wrote down a whole page that the vet explained to me over the phone. I feel so sad for what Minnie is going through.
Last Edit: Feb 26, 2014 19:53:29 GMT -1 by Whisker
That's too bad, we feel for her. And for you, Whisker, I think your weekend is going to be challenging. I've forgotten - does she like to lay in your lap? If yes, maybe that would help her feel better. She's such a lovely cat.
This is not the good news I was hoping to read here. It's scary thinking they might have to remove her eye. I hope your weekend with her will be comforting to both of you. I wish you and Minnie the best.
Minnie relaxing in the cold-frame about two years ago.
Thank you, Ladies! Yes! Minnie likes to lie on my lap. She waits until invited to come up. She understands English! She is such a quiet, gentle creature, though has a mind of her own. It's sad to see a creature be struck with such an illness - and frightening too to think it could happen to any of us. Actually I forgot to mention that the vet said it could even be the start of cancer in that eye. Poor thing! It's so sad to see her suffer such pain. The vet is excellent and will know what's for the best, in the end.
Last Edit: Feb 26, 2014 20:57:05 GMT -1 by Whisker
Thank you so much @sassy and Falcon! I have Minnie home now for the weekend. She is drugged up, so is not her full self. Also she has lost a lot of weight. She is glad to be home and is purring. I have to have her back to the vet hospital on Tuesday at 7.30 a.m, so she can be sedated and an ultrasound taken of the eye. The vet mentioned also this morning, she has tonsillitis, so throat infection. Bless her! She really has gotten a bad dose. We'll see how she gets on over the week-end.